Surf instructors are the spine of our organization, delivering 2 surfs lessons per day, 6 days per week.
As a Surf instructor, you are responsible for passing on your knowledge of the sport, the ocean and water safety to the students. A normal day consists of everything from coaching stoked beginners to dominating the dance floor on our famous karaoke night. You will spend most of your day with guests in and out of the water, making sure that all our students are successfully introduced to our lifestyle & passion and help them lift their surfing ability beyond their wildest dreams. If you love surfing as much as we do, and know how to teach, lead and inspire, you’ll be absolutely perfect for this role.
Surf Instructor Duties:
- Anticipate and prepare the surf lessons based on the students levels
- Meet each new guest to explain how our surf shack works and how to take care of the material
- Give a 10-minute warm up and 10-minute theory on the beach at the beginning of each lesson
- Teach 6 days a week 2 collective surf lessons of 2 hours per day (up to 8 guests per instructor)
- Take care of the equipment and its maintenance before and after surf lessons
- Keep track of groups/instructors, guest participation, guest expectations and satisfaction
- Prepare the next day based on guest list
- Set achievable goals with students to improve their performance
- Once a week, animate a 90-minutes surf theory course and debriefing with pictures
- Be present and available before and after each class offering personal time for questions and some extra private tuition as and when requested
- Join our guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner in our camp
- Help during meals with setting up, serving and clearing tables
- Demonstrate effective pedagogy, leadership skills, and sensitivity to all levels
- Participate in all staff meetings and collective activities
- Prepare a small brief on the past week and plans for upcoming week
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Act as a leader in emergency situations. Report any accidents or incidents
- Surf with the guests and keep up the stoke level on and off the water
You need to be flexible, fluent in English, a good observer and listener, experienced in teaching surf lessons, service minded, with an organized and enthusiastic personality, and of course passionate about sharing your knowledge!