Working under the Yacht Manager in this hands-on role, you will be responsible for the teaching of our Learn to Sail courses, ensuring that courses are delivered to Sea-Trek and IYT guidelines. You’ll work alongside our other yacht trainers so excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style is incredibly important. Some basic maintenance of the fleet of yachts will be required, ensuring standards are maintained to a high level.
With up to 50 guests per week of various ages/abilities/backgrounds on the yachts good social skills along with patience are paramount. Flexibility in the job role is required as you are likely to undertake duties that are outside your normal role.
As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greek staff. Independence and maturity are therefore essential. On the few days that the yachts are free sailing you might be required to help out on the beach at our busy water sports club.
Key responsibilities and tasks
• Welcoming and showing guests on board yachts on arrival with a comprehensive arrival/safety briefing.
• Overall presentation of the fleet of yachts throughout the week with attention to detail
• Running 3 day intro to yacht sailing courses on 30′ to 36′ yachts under the IYT syllabus (ICC), and working with ICC coursework and tests.
• On free sailing days on duty cover making sure clients are happy to sail by themselves and briefing them on the conditions.
• Rescue cover in our support ribs for the free sailing days with on-going coaching and help mooring yachts in harbour and on anchor.
• Some socialising in the evenings is expected on certain evenings, both on the pontoon and at the beach club.
• General on going maintenence of the fleet of yachts with Yacht Supervisor.