We are looking for highly professional and motivated hosts to work in our boutique surf lodge in the Algarve. If you are passionate about customer service and the hospitality business, we are looking for you. If you enjoy working in a small team with a solid work ethic and can be a valuable member of a small team then get in touch.
WHO WE ARE
Tiny Whale Surf Lodge is one of the leading surf holiday providers in Europe. It offers staff challenging job roles as well as the opportunity to develop their experience working in beautiful surroundings in a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
At Tiny Whale there are two aspects to the businesses, a small surf school delivering
lessons to external clients on a daily basis, and our main business as a boutique surf
lodge offering week-long surf holidays. Our weekly surf holidays have a strong
emphasis on coaching within a proven coaching structure giving guests with a broad
understanding of the sport and an investment into their surfing future.
The host presents a positive first impression of the Lodge with his/her friendliness, excellent service, and high standards and does everything in their power to make the experience of our guests unforgettable. A host at the Lodge is proactive and loves working in a surf-related hospitality branch.
The host must be able to carry natural conversation with our guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, the Host cares for our guests by refilling beverages and performs housekeeping duties. If you are savvy with social media platforms this is a big pre!
Food & Beverage
• Set up and serve breakfast
• Set up and serve dinner
• Stock control and filling up beverages
• Keeping all areas of Food & Beverages clean at all times
• Cleaning and maintaining the Lodge to a high standard
• Preparing rooms for check-in
• Check-ins and check-out’
• Selling a wide range of customer activities & tours
• Customer liaison and socializing
• Answering customer questions
• Dealing with customer complaints
• Hosting, meals and nights out
• Communicates effectively throughout the villa, with guests, within the team, and with the manager.
• Work accuracy and delivery to time
• This job will also include you uploading regular social media posts to help promote the business.
• Help manage the Bookings. You handle (potential) guests' inquiries professionally and effectively and convert sales opportunities that emerge with guest interactions that may contribute to the Lodge profitability. You will allocate rooms according to the guests' requirements.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• A hospitality training is an asset
• Affinity with Surfing
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
• 6 months experience in a full-service (Surf) Lodge preferred
• Driving License
• Proven customer service / Sales Experience
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English and it's preferred to have an additional language. Good command of either, Dutch, German or Spanish would be desired.
• Basic knowledge of Portuguese will be helpful but not essential.
• Experience working in a fast-paced professional environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & PERSONALITY
• Highly sociable, Organised, Resilient, Reliable, Positive
• Able to work effectively as part of a team: Will help out and do other duties if required, not afraid to get their hands dirty and will go the extra mile.
• Is self-motivated works at pace and enjoys delivering results
• A passion for providing extraordinary service
• Problem Solving: Can assess operational issues and take the best course of action to get them resolved.
• Loves to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
• Have some basic surf knowledge
• Show initiative at all times and be flexible
• Social Media Savvy: proficient with creating content for IG & FB Stories / Post, interacting on the social platforms with our guests.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Hotel / Hospitality study or either Marketing study
• Chalet, Hotel or Restaurant experience
• Worked or lived abroad
• Outdoor activities and or surfing knowledge
• Additional Language/s
DATE OF EMPLOYMENT
• available from 1st of March 2020 for the full season until November