Are you seeking for a balance between career development and quality of living?
Is your dream to pursue a challenging job with several responsibilities, chasing targets and pushing business growth, but to do that living in a beautiful beach and working in boardshorts and flip-flops?
If you prefer small town over big city, have solid Travel Management experience, English and Portuguese fluency and advanced computer skills, then this might be the job of your dreams.
As Travel Manager you are responsible for the overall performance and operation of our travel division, which is developed around our own on-line booking system.
Key responsibilities are:
· Keep tight supervision over all factors impacting sales and profit performance.
· Maintain and develop relationships with Tour Operators abroad. Seek new partnerships where applicable.
· Develop and implement new strategies to benefit from opportunities created by the evolution of our own on-line booking system.
· Ensure that all aspects of the vacations of our customers work flawlessly, from the moment they arrive at the airport till the moment they leave, and promptly react to resolve unexpected problems in order to preserve customer satisfaction and corporate reputation.
· Oversee and revise data feeding into our web booking system to ensure accuracy.
· Interact with service suppliers (hotels/transfers/activities) in order to get competitive pricing, accurate availability info, and quality of service. Create and revoke supplier agreements depending on demand needs and service quality.
Work tasks include:
· Daily interaction with international booking partners with fast response to enquiries and varied issues.
· Developing partnerships with local suppliers (Jericoacoara & Icaraizinho)
· General monitoring of the operation and reaction to the unexpected
· Development of new services and tour packages
· Review daily sales to evaluate results, prevent operational problems caused by wrong data entry.
· Ensure that requests from direct customers (b2c sales) are answered in a professional and timely manner by sales team.
· Collect data and prepare future season sales materials (pricelists, factsheets, promotional photos) for Tour Operators.
· Feed operational data into booking system.
· Interact with Service Suppliers, negotiating rates and availability, and solving operational problems.
· Keep Tour Operators well informed through regular announcements.
· Research and development of new markets and services.
· Minimum of three years experience in Tour Management
· College degree in tourism or administration is a plus.
Required skills :
• Fluent English and Portuguese (oral and written)
• Organization and Planning capabilities
• Must have solid analytical skills with the ability to independently solve problems as needed.
• Dynamism and professional ambition
• Must have negotiation experience to build profitable agreements.
• Responsive - must respond to queries in a professional, timely manner (customer service oriented)
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written and listening) and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business, with a strong orientation towards providing outstanding customer service.
• Must have the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines.
• Must be well organized and detail-oriented with demonstrated effective follow-up skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information is required.
• Proficiency Microsoft computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required, and ability to think in a logic, flowchart oriented manner, in order to interact with custom programs, and software under development.
• Must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment as a leader, and with all colleagues and contacts/vendors.