To deliver a structured, informative, and inclusive programme of activity to children
and adults at Port Edgar Watersports, South Queensferry.
Key responsibilities and tasks
1. Ensure an excellent standard of customer service and attitude at all times.
2. Prepare, organise, and deliver training in your relevant area of expertise, as outlined
in the governing body guidelines and the Port Edgar Operating procedures.
3. Ensure the highest standards of safety at all times.
4. Take a personal interest in ensuring the equipment is in excellent working order.
5. Flexibility in job role, with a desire to participate in the delivery of new activity out
with your current skill set, with support and training from PEWCIC.
Essential Qualifications (any of the below):
RYA Dinghy, Keelboat, or Powerboat instructor.
BC Sheltered Water Coach (or equivalent).
• Any other relevant governing body qualifications (e.g. RYA Windsurf Instructor,
Safety Boat etc).
• Experience working in a watersports environment.
• Previous customer service experience.
Knowledge and abilities
• Able to deliver engaging and safe activity sessions to clients.
• Excellent knowledge of the role of an instructor.
• Excellent knowledge of the governing body syllabi.
• Able to work and communicate effectively with clients and staff.
• Able to work in a team and individually and maintain effective working relationships.
• Able to work under own initiative and follow verbal and written instruction.
• Presentable and punctual at all times.
• Approachable, welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Flexible approach to work in an ever-changing environment and industry.