Working under the Beach Club Manager in this hands-on role, you will be responsible for the day to day Supervision and running of one of our Beach Club during the summer season. Organising clinics/cat-blasts, SUP excursions, and making sure there are fun activities for the guests every day. Overseeing the day to day of maintenance of the fleet of watersports equipment, keeping standards maintained to a very high level, safety for guests and staff is ensured and all courses are delivered to Trek guidelines and our operations standards. Excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style is incredibly important.
Key persons who you will be working with include the Base Manager and Hotel Owner.
With up to 80 people per week of various ages/abilities/backgrounds at the club, good social skills along with patience are paramount. Flexibility in the job role is required as you are likely to undertake duties that are outside your normal role.
▪ Key Responsibilities and Tasks
▪ Working closely with the Beach Club Manager and Hotel owner to organise, manage and set-up the beach and equipment at the start of the season and the layup at the end of the season. Managing and motivating a small team when long hours and hard work are expected throughout these periods.
▪ Risk Assessments and Health and Safety procedures put in place, and training prior to the start of the season and continually maintained and checked throughout the season.
▪ Ensure adequate cover is available at all times on and off the water in accordance to company standards, and all staff are familiar with procedures.
▪ Work as part of a small team to pro-actively oversee the assistance to all guests both on the beach and on the water.
▪ Overseeing staff. Dealing with day to day matters that arise with running a small team. Ensuring that staff wear the company uniform, and adhere to company policy.
▪ Organise, oversee and assist in change around day at the Beach club. Checking rooms are ready, preparing welcome packs and ensure client transfers to/from airports/bases run smoothly. Welcome clients to Beach Club, show to accommodation and provide welcome briefings.
▪ Day to Day maintenance of all equipment on beach. Check all kit is in good working order. Liaising with Sailing Manager over spares and repairs.
▪ Working closely with local suppliers for the provision of services.
▪ Responsible for a minimal amount of day to day admin and bookkeeping. Primarily change around day paperwork, any money received for day passes and Merchandise sales. Liaise with Base Manager over spending and accounts.