Dive Center Manager – on Tropical Indonesian Island!
Murex Bangka Resort is recruiting
Murex Resorts continues our pioneering position in North Sulawesi with expansion plans unique to North Sulawesi tourism. Since 1998 Murex owners have been passionate about developing tourism, environmental protection and creating a work environment where personnel flourish. We seek a Dive Center Manager for our Bangka Resort who is committed to advancing training programs, product development and guest experiences. A Manager who is well organized, business oriented and appreciates a work environment based on innovation and team responsibility will thrive.
Bangka Island is remote and we have a unique expansion program currently moving forward with emphasis on keeping our Robinson Crusoe appeal but developing a world class resort. We are looking for a Manager who can lead and drive our team forward; who is able to multi task and is keen to be part of our exciting project. Our Indonesian staff are well trained; many speak a high level of English but some minimal. A Manager who desires learning Bahasa Indonesia will excel at a much faster pace.
Send your CV and a cover letter about why you are applying and think you are suitable for this position.
Dive Center Manager is responsible for smooth delivery of diving & snorkeling services which requires continuous development of supervisor & staff and assisting them to organize daily dive center activities and guest relations. Manager must have organized control of operations including compressors, boats, equipment & financial reports. Manager needs persistent review of staff schedules, daily logistics and guest requirements. Understanding & assisting in implementation of in-house marketing & sales programs and social media will be required. Occasional teaching and guiding
Candidates must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Fluent English and German speaking, some basic Indonesian language skills would be good but not mandatory. Any other language, especially French, is a plus.
- 2 years management experience in the dive industry
- previous experience in Indonesia
- Ability to live on a remote island
- Proactive, independent working and energetic approach
- passion for diving & snorkeling
- Training, Developing and team leadership skills & experience
- Guest relations experience from a worldwide customer base.
- Computer skills excel, google drive, browsing, email etc.
- Active on social media networks i.e. fb, scuba board etc.
- Good team player and able to work with Indonesians
- Under the age of 50 to meet VISA and work permit requirements
- two year commitment